My Favorite Sport… Volleyball!

When you aren't around YJ Khaw via Compfight

Hello, my name is Brooke, my favorite sport is volleyball. If you read my passion blog, then you would know that volleyball is also my passion. Here are some tips and cool facts about volleyball . First you get into positions. The positions are right front, middle front, left front, left back middle back, and finally right back. If you are in right front, then you are the setter, which means that you get all of the second balls, if you play middle then you are a middle hitter and when a hit is coming over the net you block it with whatever side it’s coming over on, for example say that it is coming over on the right side, then you move over by right front, and help them block. If you play left front, then you are an outside hitter, you also pull back off the net to pass the ball when it comes to you, and one other thing that you do is block when middle front comes to help you. If you play left back or middle back then you pass, and send downballs over the net to the opposing team. The last position is right back, in this position you pass, downball, and when it’s your team’s ball you get to serve.

Here are some fun facts and tips about my passion, volleyball. One, the game was invented in 1895 also in Massachusetts by Willam G. Morgan. Another fun fact is that Volleyball was added in to the Olympics in 1964, so 68 years after the Olympics started, in 1896. Also, did you know that the professional players on the volleyball court jump up to 300 times per match, also before this sport was called volleyball it was called mintonette. Another fun fact is that the first volleyball design was created in 1990, also it may not seem like this fact is correct but according to 10 Facts, volleyball is the second most popular sport in the world today, only exceeded by soccer. Also in 1916, the skills of set and spike were originated during a match in the Philippines. Also in Massachusetts on July 7th, 1896 the first official volleyball game was played at Springfield College in Massachusetts.The last fun fact that I will mention in today’s blog is going to blow your mind. Did you know that the longest volleyball game was in Kingston, North Carolina and it took 75 hours and 30 minutes. I hope you enjoyed these fun facts comment down below which one was your favorite.

There are several teams that I have been on throughout my life. The first team that I played on was at a local sports facility in my local area called Sports of All Sorts.  I played there from ages six to age eight.  When I was eight and nine, I had just found out about a competitive club team called Crush.  I was not ready to tryout, so instead of trying out I did a camp every Friday night from six to eight. After doing that camp I went to another volleyball club when I was 10 called NKYVC.  I didn’t tryout there either, but I did do a camp there instead. Now here is the most recent and exiting part of my volleyball career so far, in August of 2017, I tried out for my schools volleyball team. I was so happy when I found out that I made the team. Since the season has now ended my teammates and I have all tried out for Crush, NKYVC, and a club that I did not mention earlier, NKJV. The ones that I tried out for were NKYVC and Crush. The results of that were that I made Crush’s 12u team and also NKYV’s. Since you can only play for one team at a time, I have decided to do Crush’s team.

Links: 10 fun facts about Volleyball and 15 interesting facts about volleyball

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed, remember to comment below which fun fact that you enjoyed the most! Bye!, Brooke I.