20% Project!

Hey, It’s Brooke, and this is my 20% blog. 20% is where you spend 20% of your time on Fridays to make a difference in your community. We do this at school, in two of our class periods; English Language Arts and Project Based Learning classes, I am working with Sophia. Our project is where we are having a volleyball and basketball camp to raise money and donations for less fortunate people in our area.

A big accomplishment we have had is being able to find a volleyball and a basketball mentor, we have also been able to find a place to hold our camp, and how many donations we will be “charging” to enter the camp. The reason we are using donations instead of money is so that we don’t need to go to the store to buy the objects the people will need, instead we will ask the students and parents interested in our camp by hanging up flyers at the schools asking for the donations we need. Another reason that we are not using money is because we don’t want to have to worry about loosing the money or where we will put it without it getting lost.

Some of our December goals are to start thinking about the things that people we will be helping out will need and also contacting our local homeless shelter to see if they would let us help them by donating the products we raise to the people in their shelter. We are also hoping to have our flyers and permission form completed. Lastly we are wanting to have an email sent out to the elementary schools we are inviting to participate in our camp. I hope you enjoyed my update on my 20% project

Beach VolleyCreative Commons License Juanedc via Compfight